I’m pretty sure that you all know YouTube. It’s a site for sharing videos.
What do you need to know about YouTube to increase your sales?
- I suggest that you have a separate Google and YouTube account.
- I recommend that you develop a partnership with a celebrity in your field. That’ll get you more video views.
- Use YouTube for visibility in search engines – Google owns YouTube.
- Check YouTube Trends to see the current topics.
- Creating a video that will go viral is hard to achieve. The most important thing in a video is creating positive emotions.
- The length of the video should not be longer than 3 minutes.
- Before you record and publish your video, have specific goals of what you are trying to achieve.
- The content of your video should be well thought out. If you are still searching for ideas what to publish, I suggest that you look through how-to videos, client statements, the most common questions from customers, etc.
- Don’t neglect the design of your YouTube channel. Create an eye-catching banner and background.
- To get subscribers, not just viewers, create a trailer for your videos. The ideal length of your trailer is under 90 seconds. It must include a call to action why your viewers should become your subscribers.
- Add annotations – comments to your videos. You can choose from 6 different annotations. They are easy to use.
- Use YouTube analytics to discover your audience.
- Think about strategic partnerships with other featured YouTube channels.
There are two main marketing strategies on YouTube:
- indirect marketing, where you create your YouTube channel and publish videos,
- direct marketing, where you simply buy ads on YouTube.
What do you need to know about direct marketing?
You can determine your target audience based on location, gender, and interests. A viewer of your video needs to wait 5 seconds before he can skip the featured ad; the advertiser will pay only for views that lasted longer than 30 seconds unless the video is shorter.
You have 3 advertising options:
- in-stream ads (ads placed in front of other videos),
- on the right side of a YouTube page,
- in search results on YouTube.
Video production equipment:
- you will need a camera such as an HD flip camera or your phone. I am using Cannon Eos 700D,
- a program to edit your videos installed on your computer such as Camtasia, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Telestream or the free program screen capture,
- high-quality microphone, for example, Blue microphone SnowBall Ice, zoom hn4, Sony ECM CS3 or find something on Ebay, like Lavalier Lapel Tie Clip Interview Condenser Microphone,
- lighting kit that you can easily find on Ebay as well, Cowboy studio lighting kit lamp, or Photo Video Studio Light Lamp.
Ranking of videos is based on:
- keywords in your title and description,
- video links,
- average viewing time,
- number of subscribers,
- number of comments.
With videos, you will reach your organic search engine position more easily and faster. I recommend that you use YouTube’s Keyword tool, which is not the same as Google’s Keyword tool. Start making your videos after you have analysed your keywords. Start description with URL and focus on the first 160 characters which will be shown in the search engine. It’s important to include small thumbnails which are essential. Their technical specifications are 1280×740.
Can your business make money from YouTube?
Yes, it can. The first possibility for doing so is a partnership with YouTube. Partners are not allowed to divulge information on how much they make but you can expect from $300 to $2,500 in average for every million views. YouTube chooses their own partners based on videos that are most likely to become viral based on their algorithm.
The best option to make money is to get all kinds of sponsors for your video or you can create a video in collaboration with other businesses.